We are currently accepting submissions of short films for the 2014 Robot Film Festival! THE DEADLINE IS JULY 6. Please submit your outstanding, beautiful, hilarious, or thought-provoking short film. Two requirements:
- The film must feature a robot as one of the main characters, framing devices, or tools used in the creation of the film.
- The film must be less than eight minutes long.
Otherwise, there are no limits on what kind of film you can submit, but we particularly encourage positive storytelling with or about robots. Here are some samples:
- Music videos
- Artistic short films
- Science documentaries
- Art documentaries
- Research robot bloopers
- Animation experiments
- Recordings of robot performances
Online submission guidelines
- You must hold applicable rights to the content in your film, and you must be authorized to grant permission for its exhibition at the Festival. Fill out and send us the signed release here.
- You must pay a submission fee of $20 (see Paypal button below). Please record the confirmation number for reference.
- Create a Title and Artist Statement (200 words or less) describing your film and its context within this year’s theme.
- Your film should meet the HD standards outlined in http://vimeo.com/help/compression, regardless of where you host it. Preferred resolution is at least 1280×720. That said, If your film has already been made, or if you lack the tools to meet these standards, that’s OK.
- Please upload your video film to http://vimeo.com and note the URL. If you do not want the film to be publicly available before the festival, set the video to be “Password protected” when uploading. We will not share your film. You should check “Allow other people to download the source video” when uploading. If you’d rather not do that, be aware that we will need to acquire the original video file if your film is selected. If you prefer to use a different hosting site (e.g. DropBox, YouTube, Blip.tv, etc.), that’s ok — but see the previous comment.
- Please email ALL of the following to email@example.com– do not use this email address for anything but submissions!!
- Paypal Confirmation Number
- Video URL
- Title of Film
- Artist Statement (200 words or less)
- Release Form
- Director Credits (five names or less)
- Availability to Attend Festival
- Contact information (name, email, location)
- Personal website/twitter (optional)
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org